WWW 2.0 modes and genres
WWW 1.5: Interactive multimedia embedded in html
1. QuicktimeVR images: Images we can rotate and otherwise manipulate — better than a book; better than the actual object?
2. Games for young children
Web 2.0: Blogs & Wikis — approaching the original vision of hypertext
- How different are blogs from listservs and discussion groups?
- Legacy material (books) in blog format
- Like much html linear structure with overlaid links
- Slashdot and other heavily moderated blogs
- Newspaper-otiented blogs, such as Pogue's New York Times column-related blog as research and reader feedback
Web 2.0: Multiplayer games
- From Pong to EVEonline to Massively multiplayer online games with role playing: Guild Wars, Final Fantasy, Second Life.
- Reader-contributions to online games
And, finally, Wikis . . .